Planning For Your Future With An Estate Plan
While end-of-life planning is a difficult topic to talk about, it is nonetheless something that all responsible people should do. Careful estate planning and administration of a succession provides comfort to a person that the property he or she has spent a whole life acquiring will be distributed in the manner he or she intends.
With the help of Metairie attorney R. Scott Buhrer, clients can rest assured that their planning and administration goals will be met. Mr. Buhrer’s advice is based on his more than 30 years of practicing in this field of law. This vast experience allows him to provide clear direction and cost-effective legal strategies to help clients achieve their goals in both their estate planning and after their death. His client-centered approach to the law allows him to provide unique ideas and solutions to a wide range of issues involved in end-of-life planning and inheritance, including:
- Probate or succession— Probate (which is called succession in Louisiana) is the legal process by which a deceased person’s assets are passed along to his or her heirs. Because it can be a complex process, the guidance of a skilled attorney like Mr. Buhrer is often invaluable.
- Disputed successions— Sometimes the probate process does not proceed smoothly due to conflicts between the heirs and the executor or due to other reasons. Mr. Buhrer handles cases involving will contests, alleged breach of fiduciary duty and other disputes.
- Wills and trusts— Having a well-drafted will or trust in place can help protect your legacy and ensure that your assets are passed to whom you want, when you want and in the way you want.
- Legal guardianships— Establishing a guardianship (called an interdiction in Louisiana) can allow you to make decisions on behalf of someone who is not physically or mentally capable of doing so. Often, interdictions are necessary for minor children and aging parents.
- Living wills and medical powers of attorney— Don’t leave your loved ones confused about your end-of-life wishes or unable to act on your behalf in important medical matters. Mr. Buhrer can draft the documents you need to make your health care wishes known and to name a trusted person to act in your place.
Mr. Buhrer holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from Tulane University. This allows him to provide in-depth assessments of financial issues and valuation in all succession matters, especially those involving real estate, family businesses and other corporate interests.
Contact Our Estate Administration Lawyer
The Buhrer Law Firm is conveniently located near Lakeside Mall in Jefferson Parish and has readily available parking. To arrange an initial consultation, contact the firm online or by calling 504-541-6997 or 800-636-0784.