Personal Attention. Experience. Results.
Lauren Kapinus Marquette
Buhrer Law Firm is pleased to announce that Lauren K. Marquette has joined the firm.
Prior to joining Buhrer law firm, Ms. Marquette served as an Assistant District Attorney in the child support division of Jefferson Parish Juvenile Court. She also previously clerked for both Chief U.S. Magistrate Joseph C. Wilkinson and Juvenile Court Judge Barron Burmaster.
Ms. Marquette received her J.D./Graduate Diploma of Comparative Law as well as her B.S. from Louisiana State University. She also received her M.B.A. from the University of New Orleans.
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2012
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.S. - 2008
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Marketing
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Contested Successions
- Jefferson Parish Bar Association
- Louisiana, 2013
Current Employment Positions
- Jefferson Parish District Attorney's Office- Juvenile Court, Harvey, LA, Assistant District Attorney, 2015 to 2016
- Jefferson Parish Juvenile Court, Division C, Harvey, LA, Court Attorney, 03/2014 to 07/2014
- Sher Garner Cahill Richter Klein & Hilbert, L.L.C., New Orleans, LA, Document Review Contract Attorney, 01/2014 to 02/2014
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA, Law Clerk for Chief U.S. Magistrate Joseph C. Wilkinson, Jr., 09/2013 to 12/2013
- Jefferson Parish District Attorney's Office, Gretna, LA, Law Clerk- Felony Division, 06/2011 to 08/2011
Fraternities or Sororities
- Zeta Tau Alpha