Guiding LGBT Couples Through The Divorce Process
Now that same-sex marriage is legal in Louisiana, new concerns and issues arise. One of the most significant is how to effectively dissolve a marriage that has fallen apart. Legal responsibilities don’t end when a relationship ends. Instead, both parties must navigate the often complex and confusing divorce process.
The Buhrer Law Firm in Metairie, Louisiana, represents members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community in Jefferson Parish and throughout the surrounding areas. With more than 30 years of experience in family law matters, founding attorney R. Scott Buhrer provides highly knowledgeable and trustworthy legal counsel on a wide array of divorce-related issues. If you are facing the dissolution of your marriage, turn to Mr. Buhrer for seasoned assistance in the following areas:
- Same-sex support — Alimony payments and child support orders can make or break your financial foundation. Mr. Buhrer has the skill to help protect your finances.
- Same-sex custody — When it comes to determining what custody arrangement is in your child’s best interests, it is wise to get a respected professional on your side. Mr. Buhrer has frequently been appointed as a Special Master in complex cases.
- Same-sex property division — Mr. Buhrer holds both a law degree and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree, giving him the ability to clearly analyze financial and business issues that arise during the partition of community property.
- Same-sex prenuptial agreements — If you have a prenuptial agreement, how will it affect your divorce? Is your agreement even valid? Get straight answers by having Mr. Buhrer review your agreement.
- Same-sex protective orders — Unfortunately, domestic violence affects both heterosexual and homosexual couples alike. If you are in danger of abuse, Mr. Buhrer can help you obtain a protective order.
Discuss Your Unique Situation In A One-On-One Consultation
Schedule an initial consultation about divorce or any other LGBT family law issue in Louisiana. Simply call the Buhrer Law Firm at 504-541-6997 or 800-636-0784 today. You are also welcome to contact our lawyer online.